Thursday, June 4, 2009

Coming to the end

Ten weeks ago seems like yesterday, and yet all those weeks ago this day seemed so far away. I can't believe that my time in London is coming to an end in just 9 days. I still feel like there are so many things to go and see and do and experience. Today I went to the British Museum to walk around for the first time. Tomorrow I'm finally going to the Tower of London. It seems like I'm cramming everything in during my last few weeks, it seemed like I had sooo much time before, not that I regret a single moment of my time here, I just wish I could stay longer!
So, for this last week I've been to three plays, England People Very Nice (about immigration in London, very funny), Oliver!, and Shakespeare's As You Like It at the Globe. I didn't think that I really liked Shakespeare, but seeing it on stage is completely different than reading it. It amazes me in some ways how hundreds of years after Shakespeare wrote his plays he still makes audiences laugh. Going to the Globe is something that anyone going to London must do, just remember to bring a seat cushion and a blanket as the seats are hard and it gets cold once night falls. Also, on Wednesday before the Globe, AHA went to Hampton Court Palace, which was amazing, I have to go back there wasn't enough time to see it all.
I'm really looking forward to next week though. I have front row tickets to Avenue Q and some really bad seats to the England v. Andorra football match, it's not a West Ham game, but it is much cheaper.
One thing that I have been thinking about is how much I would like to keep travelling after the program. So, if you are going to be studying abroad, seriously consider leaving time at the end of the program to travel around more. It's really easy and often cheap to go to places in Europe from London, plus it would just be a great experience.
While, I'm happy to be going home, I can't wait to return to London soon!!!

1 comment:

  1. That sounds so cool!! And I can't believe you're coming home in just 9 days!! I'm so excited!!

    ReplyDelete